Carrot (10) Chilli (43) DIY (7) Lettuce (13) Lychee (3) Mint (16) Pok Choy (15) Potato (8) Spring Onion (14)

Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Germinating Lychee

I am pleasantly surprised by how fast the lychee seeds are germinating. I can see some progress after placing them on wet cotton after mere 3 days. During day, I place the DIY greenhouse with the Lychee seeds in it next to a window and in the night I put the container under a lamp for several hours.

Nothing is happening to the cherry seeds yet after  3 days in the same container with the happy Lychee seeds.


Also started on a batch of bell shaped Chilli seeds in a DIY seedling container using a recycled Cola bottle. Let's see how fast they will germinate....


The newly planted Lettuce seedlings look tired after transplanting to the self-watering pot after a day or so. They might be in shock in the new home. It was cold last night so I put the cling film greenhouse over them to keep them warm and won't water them today. I think I might have over-watered them in Day 1.


Collecting more seeds, not sure what to do with them yet. The big one is a nectarine seed.





No comments: