Carrot (10) Chilli (43) DIY (7) Lettuce (13) Lychee (3) Mint (16) Pok Choy (15) Potato (8) Spring Onion (14)

Monday, February 04, 2013

Gardening Haul

With only one month of summer left here in Australia I have decided to grow some veggies on my balcony...kinda of late but better than not starting anything at all.
AUD$66 later I got some stuff to get started.

Chilli, lettuce and blueberry seedlings and some self-watering pots. Oh and some all purpose pot mix.

The pots are sure expensive and I hope they work better than the normal pot.
AUD$12.80 for the white rectangular pot from Bunnings.
AUD$17 for the bigger round self watering.
AUD $4 for the smaller pot where my Chilli seedling with go.
2 x gardening tools @$1.94 each




A beautiful Chilli seedling. Several lychee seeds are germinating next to it in a clear plastic containter.

Current set up on the balcony. Remaining pot mix is in clear container awaiting my seed order to arrive.

The night is a bit chill so I made a cling wrap / cling film greenhouse using the plastic shelf sitting on my balcony for the newly planted seedling.


And the really expensive blueberry seedling now settling in the big round pot.

Composting an used black tea bag to serve as fertiliser for my plant is in progress.







No comments: